Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Wednesday Rants: June 2015 Edition

Greetings Fellow Readers! Welcome to the June Edition of ranting. There is a lot on my mind this month so let's begin.

[Arcana Magi 5th Anniversary]

This is the final month of 'Arcana Magi's' 5th Anniversary. And what a journey this has been, starting back in October 2014. This week and next week will be last to chapter of 'Pure' for the year, and I will cap the anniversary off with the Kindle release of 'Arcana Magi Universe Short Collection', featuring all the short stories released on Fictionaut and two new unreleased Shorts 'Arcana Magi Bolt' and 'Arcana Magi Wisp'.

To address the Kindle release, this is mainly a financial decision. I need to make income and releasing a collection of works that can be viewed on Fictionaut is counterproductive. I'm not exactly financial stable here in the real world and I need to garnish money in some way. This world we live is unforgiving and not perfect. It was forgiving and perfect, releasing for free would be a given, but if I want progress my life, I have to make tough decisions for all of my works. I know I don't have to explain myself to anybody, but I want to do this as a courtesy and for understanding. So please help support 'Arcana Magi', and buy a copy of the short collection at the end of this month. I will keep 'Tales from Arcana Magi' on Kindle, so you have choices.

[Splatterbomb™]

First off, the NYC-Playtest was great as usual. The game has improved from its previous draft and is getting stronger. The core mechanics are still stable and the bolts getting closer to tightening.

Now to expand on this, I am now making moves for merchandising. I cannot disclose at this time like I would have wanted to, but nothing is set in stone yet. What I can say is that I have over 40 individual drawings of Splatterbomb™ registered in the Copyright Office and these drawings will make up the merchandising.

I am looking at creating laminated prints of the drawings to sell. I'm not sure which channel I will be using to sell them but that is one confirmed method. If should my registration to the NYC Arcade hosted by The Sheep's Meow go through, those prints will be available for viewing at my table.

Peanut Butter Jelly (Splatterbomb™ Theme) is making the move to iTunes, however there are still a few things that need to be cleared up before they appear in the store. I set the target date for Sunday, June 14, but I cannot declare it official until the song passes through the lot check. Once it is in the stores I have selected I will make a 'Quick NOTES' and list where you can get a copy. Stay tuned to Twitter.

I am also going to write a 'Splatterbomb™' story for release on Kindle. Please stay tuned for more details.


Finally, a reminder, since I placed the first official 'Splatterbomb™' merchandise, 'Peanut Butter Jelly (Splatterbomb™ Theme)' on Bandcamp, a commercial company where I receive profits, as per the guidelines laid out the United States Patent and Trademark Office of Arlington, VA, I, H-M Brown, am the owner of the Trademark Splatterbomb both standard font mark and drawing mark, under common law. Any usage of the word 'Splatterbomb™' without the express written consent of H-M Brown is strictly prohibited.

[Special Thanks]

I would to give a special thanks to the fine folks at FJB Comics and Games at 17 Coles Street in Jersey City for hosting the 'Peanut Butter Jelly (Splatterbomb™ Theme)' Spring Sale. I really appreciate their support. Check them out on Facebook at:

https://www.facebook.com/FJBComics?fref=ts

-

Well that is all I have on my mind. Thank you for listening to my rants.

Until Next Time...

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment