Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wednesday Rants: March 2014 #2






Greetings Fellow Readers! Welcome to the second issue of Wednesday Rants March edition. Since I am on time, I am going to talk a little more in depth about my 2 YouTube plans as I had planned, so let us begin.





[Cyber Tactics® Developer Log]


I apologize for not having this video ready this month. The thing is that I had to deal with a few things behind the scenes regarding trade secrets before I would release a video. Hopefully this will be settled in a couple of weeks. The other problem is, as will be the same for next segment I'll talk about, is a video editor. As some you may watched my videos, 'Prototype Presentations', they are not exactly high quality. The other problem is trying to see the cards and what they do. That is a big problem if you can't see what I am talking very well. I may mix a video in from time to time if I need to do a physical action, but the idea of doing a video slideshow is the show the cards much closer on the screen and even throw in some diagrams if needed.

However, finding a good cheap editor is very difficult. After what happened last year when my computer's hard rive burned out and left me a full month with no computer to do any work, I don't want to risk that with the wrong program. This will be a daunting task of course, I want this series of videos to do good, be informative, and very accessible whenever the game hits the market for those who purchase their copy of the game.

After I do manage to get an editor, this is going to take some time for to learn how to use such a thing because I have no editing experience or film making experience, which will be fun but most likely exhaustive. Heck doing the presentations was hard enough as it is because of all the stuttering over my script. But once all of this falls into place, you all learn more about Cyber Tactics I didn't show in the 'Prototype Presentations' and hopefully you will all find the game much more entertaining.


[Video Readings]

This is another project I want to do and this one I will need an editor of course, just like above, so I can record my voice. After all I need a title card of my writings sprawled on the screen. I took a look at other YouTube videos that have done readings and they just had the title sit there for the duration of the video. They may get broken down into smaller videos, I'll probably keep them at 10 Minutes each so as to drain any of you like a wall of text.

Now because this is an entirely new experience for me, I may start off small, since I never done editing. I'll probably go with 'Days of Fate and Destiny' to see test everything out and see how my voice sounds. having a good voice and good microphone is very important and again this require me to not sound boring. I don;'t know if making character voices seems necessary, especially with females since I can't produce a female voice, but it will be fun to try.

Finally there is the question of illustrations, to reflect certain scenes or maybe characters when they talk to a shot-reverse shot type of clip when talking, so you know who is talking, considering that my voice may be one-note. Plus it might be fun eye candy for you all, but that is something that will be very very later in the future.

Nevertheless, I will start small and work my way to bigger stories to get better and better. I may even produce an original story exclusive to the readings. In the end I want to have fun doing this and really get my stories out there and to a wider audience. Of course, I should also to be on the safe side, do a little editing of the writing first just to be safe with the end product.


[NEWS and NOTES]

The first Monday of April is the 7th. At 8:00pm EST, I will post up April's scheduling.

Thank you all for joining me.

Until next time...

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment