Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Weekly Rants: September 5, 2012

Greetings Fellow Readers!

Welcome to another round of Weekly Rants at my Blogspot page. A change of venue from Facebook to make it easier to read. However, these won't be in semi-real time like on Facebook. Hopefully, though, this will be a much better improvement from here on out.

About the Weekly Rants:

For those of you new here, my Weekly Rants is just me talking about everything I do here in the writing world, from Behind the Scenes to Kindle Publication to anything relevant in the Writing world. Eventually I will be expanding myself with other projects that will be included on Weekly Rants. I used to hole Weekly rants on Facebook to have a semi-real time to it, but chose to change venue to make it easier for me to type and for you to read. You will always find the Weekly Rants on Wednesday's between 8:00 PM EST and 9:00 PM EST depending on how much I have on my mind. So shall we begin.

On 'Shell':

Now I've announced this weeks 'NEWS and NOTES' that I will be making 'Shell' FREE on Kindle for the next couple of Fridays. For those of you who read my Weekly Rants before I went on vacation, my plan for releasing 'Shell' on Kindle was to make it available for free to read and encourage you all to pick up a copy of 'Duality of Horror' which features 'The Geolyth Equation', the sequel to 'Shell'. Well I didn't realize that there was a limit to allowing 'Shell' for free and it really angered me. 'Shell' clocks in at 5 pages on Kindle and I have to charge $0.99 for it, because Amazon won't let me set it for much cheaper, cheap as in $0.00. Thankfully because I enrolled it in KDP Direct program, I can offer 'Shell' for free for 5 Select days, and if I read correctly, each 90 day period that 'Shell' remains enrolled.

So the plan is for now, to offer up 'Shell' on select Fridays for FREE and I encourage you all to pick up a copy. This is my way of introducing my writing to all of you and for you to have a taste of what I got to offer in Speculative Fiction. Right now because the first 90 Day cycle ends on September 26, 'Shell' will be FREE for the next 4 Fridays, then they will go through a rigorous schedule that will be posted on 'NEWS and NOTES' so you can be ready to pick up a copy if you have not done so. The FREE Friday deal will only be on for 24 hours of that Friday.

I really encourage you all to pick 'Shell' up for free because THAT is my intention for putting it on Kindle. If you pay the $.99 to pick up a copy, I thank you from the bottom of my for your support.

So that's all I have on my mind this week. I hope everything works according to plan with 'Shell' on Kindle and I look forward to all of you adding my story to your Kindle Libraries.

Until Next Time...

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment